It’s no secret that kids love color. From vibrant hues to loud patterns, they’re drawn to the fun, the creative, the exciting. This month’s craft project is not only easy to do, but the possibilities are endless! And best of all, your young one can wear their creations while they take on the world, one step at a time.
What You’ll Need:
- Plain white sneakers
- Masking tape
- Sharpie markers
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Paint brush/Spray bottle
How to Make Them:
- Start by taping off the sole of the shoe. This will help keep the color from bleeding outside of the intended area! You will also want to remove the laces at this time.
- Decide on a pattern. We did two different styles: a floral design and a tie-dye look. For the floral design, block in the colors in the general shape of the flowers. For the tie-dye look, draw asymmetrical shapes and transition from one color to the next, leaving some white space in between shapes.
- It’s time to add the alcohol! This is where the magic happens. For the floral design, we used a paint brush so that we could better control the direction and amount the the colors bled. For the tie-dye shoe, we simply doused it down with a spray bottle for an even fade.
- Want to add some details? Try using a black marker to define shapes or add some fun patterns.
- Remove the tape, lace the shoes, and get ready to sport your new kicks!